Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette Review!

Sunday, September 27, 2015



Chocolate is a girl’s best friend. That doesn’t stop at just the edible version either. If you’ve been around the beauty community or cosmetics industry over the last few years you would have heard all the rave reviews about the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Because of the surrounded hype this was actually the reason I didn’t pick this palette up sooner. I had a similar experience with my Naked 2 Palette where the product was just so hyped up and I was really let down. I got a chance to really use the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette this week, and while I haven’t used all the shades I do feel like I can give you ladies (and gents) an honest review and breakdown of the product. So if you’re interested in seeing my review then just keep reading:


Product Information:
Price: $69(CA)
" The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelops you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks, and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started."

Packaging:
Hello! The palette smells like chocolate! That says enough right there.  Aside from the beautiful smell the packaging of the palette is just as beautiful. This palette comes in a beautiful chocolate colored tin case with the brand name and palette name on the outside. The outside is also done to make itself look like squares of chocolate. On the inside you have 2 larger shadows and `4 smaller shadows – the shapes of these shadows mimic the outside packaging. Other than that the palette does come with a small mirror, which to me isn’t very user friendly. It also comes with some information about the palette on the back, but I actually wish the back would have had the shades & names like the actually box for the palette does. Even though the names are on the inside it would have been nice for me personally.

Shades:
As for the shades in the palette you do get a good mixture of matte, satin and metallic shades which are perfect for creating full eye looks just using the palette. However there is also a matte formula in this palette that contains micro glitter. I love the true matte shades the most in this palette. I find they give really nice pigmentation and blend out very nicely. I find I don’t have to work with the matte shades to get lots of color or bendability. As for the matte shades with the glitter these leave me underwhelmed. While I love the pigmentation and the bendability on these the glitter doesn’t stick to the eye lids or with the shadow so I do tend to get quite a bit of fallout from these shades. As for the satin shades, these are also wonderful shadows with a beautiful finish on the eye lids. They give beautiful pigmentation and are easy to blend. As for the metallic shades these are the ones I dislike the most. I find these metallic shades to be very chunky with glitter and this makes them have a lot of fallout and be harder to work with. I think these shades have awesome pigmentation though and with a little bit of a mixing medium (like setting spray) you can improve the quality slightly to stick to the lids. However, these are not my favorite formula. I do love the shades that all of these shadows come in though. There is a great range of really pale skin colors to mediums browns and even some really pretty hints of color within this palette.

Matte shades include:
White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Semi-Sweet and Strawberry Bon Bon

Mattes with Glitter shades include:
Triple Fudge and Cherry Cordial

Satin shades include:
Marzipan, Amaretto, Hazelnut, Crème Brulee, Haute Chocolate and Champagne Truffle

Metallic shades include:
Gilded Ganache, Black Forest Truffle, Candid Violet

Overall:
As for the overall palette, I am really impressed with about 75% of the product inside as well as the packaging and the Too Faced shadow quality. However, there is still 25% of me that isn’t super impressed. I did purchase this palette at Sephora for around $69 before taxes and to me the palette really isn’t worth the high price tag. I think if I’m going to pay $70 I want something that is going to be all around good quality and for me this palette is lacking just a little bit. I do see how some people are head over heels in love with this palette and I certainly am in love with it as well. But it’s not a ride or die type of relationship (anyone get the reference? :P). I find that I even have some palettes from the drugstore that give me a little bit better quality than the Too Faced does. However, since I don’t own anything warm neutral I will get my use out of this and it will be something that I can play around with both in my personal use and my makeup artistry kit. However, if you have a warm neutral palette already I don’t think you should be in any rush to go out and grab this one.

What are your thoughts on the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette?
Do you feel the palette is too hyped up by the beauty community?
post signature
affiliation

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!