Clinique Cheek Pop in #14 Heather Pop Review & Swatches!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Happy Wednesday to every single one of you, all over the world!
I hope you are all having a fantastic week and that you have amazing plans for the upcoming weekend. To be honest, I'm probably not doing much this weekend other than preparing next week's blog posts. But don't let my boring plans get you down because today we're talking about a very exciting and pretty product in my life the past few weeks. Clinique has been another brand that has been high on my wishlist for what seems like forever. So when I saw the Pretty Wow, Pretty Now set on Sephora I knew I had to track down the set, and luckily I did at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada. This set comes with 6 products ranging from deluxe size samples to full-size products. I actually talked about this set in detail in my Gift Guide: Perfects Gifts Over $50 from Sephora! Since I've been trying out this set over the last few weeks I wanted to talk about the product that has stood out the most to me and that's the Clinique Cheek Pop in Heather Pop.



These lovely and beautiful blushes retail for $26 (CA) on the Sephora website and that's pretty much half of the price of the set that I purchased it in. Heather Pop was one of the main colors on my wishlist and I was super excited to see that it came in the Pretty Wow, Pretty Now set.

Packaging:
Of course, at first the beautiful floral design caught my eye and immediately I didn't want to stick my fingers or brush into it. I also am a huge fan of the plastic (more like acrylic) packaging that the product comes in. Both the design of the outside packaging and the inside design of the product really compliment each other well and speak to the Clinique brand.

Application:
As for the application of the product; the first thing I will mention is that a traditional blush brush might not work in this product for you. Since I use a rather fluffy large blush brush I found that it wasn't able to pick up as much product as I would like. Of course, this would work well if you are going for a beautiful everyday natural finish. Instead, I opted to use a brush like the ELF Small Stipple Brush or Real Techniques Stippling Brush; this can really penetrate the beautiful design and pick up the product. Again this technique gave me a rather natural finish but I noticed immediately upon a second layer of the product that this builds up beautifully. There is really no way to mess up the application of this product. It builds, blends and settles naturally on the skin. And like many other blushes that are buildable this doesn't look like you've just applicated 3 layers of powder on your cheeks.




Overall:
Out of all of the high-end blushes I've had the opportunity of trying (which hasn't been many) this probably has to be one of my favorites. Everything from the packaging to the application to the overall product is absolutely gorgeous. Not to mention the shade Heather Pop would be beautiful on multiple variations of skin tones. The only small downside to this product that I could even mention is that the application requires a different brush for me. I like using large brushes because they blend out product easily. But like I said these larger brushes didn't pick up the product well. I'm thankful that I had a second brush to try with this product but for some of you it might require purchasing another brush to use with a product like this. Another huge positive for me was the way the product sat on the skin and lasted on my cheeks throughout the day. After spending 10+ hours out of the house the blush still looked naturally flattering and had a beautiful finish on the cheeks all day long.

Have you tried the Clinique Cheek Pop Blushers?
What were your thoughts on them?
What other Clinique products would you recommend?

post signature
TEXT GOES HERE!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Embrace and Ignite is a beauty blog run by Krystal-Marie which is dedicated to being the buzz-hub for the latest and greatest beauty products.

Thank you all for sharing my love of beauty and makeup and I look forward to connecting with you all in the comments section!